Baking soda is probably the most inexpensive health remedy in the world. Its uses are wide and varied: from the common cold to cancer.It can be used as a deodorant or improve oral health, among many other uses. It should be an indispensable part of your home pharmacy. Baking soda’s health benefits include drug detoxification and the prevention or reduced risk of peptic ulcer, acidity, metabolic acidosis, and diarrhea. It has antipruritic,anti-itch qualities and can help maintain a healthy skin. It can remove plague and be a practical treatment for the flu and cold. Baking soda is rich in sodium and can help prevent kidney stones, bladder infection, and hyperkalemia. This article will discuss the uses of baking soda. The ones that you probably haven’t heard before:
Baking Soda as Remedy for Acid Reflux
Mix two tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice with half a teaspoon of baking soda. If you make this mixture, you need to use a bigger cup as the mixture tends to fizz. The moment the bubbling ceases, add the mixture with 8 oz. water. This remedy must be drunk all at once. It can help neutralize the pH which relieves the acid reflux and creates analkaline environment in your body.
Baking soda can also be used for GERD and heartburn symptoms. The only thing you need to do is to add half a teaspoonful of baking soda with 16 oz. of water.
Old Wives’ Remedy
1. After a rigorous and hard exercise, you can relieve your tired and aching muscles by drinking water mixed with baking soda.
2. To remove odor and alleviate soreness and itching, add into warm water a mixture of one tablespoon salt, essential oil, one tablespoon peppermint oil, and three tablespoons baking soda. Soak your feet and hands into this mixture for about 25 minutes.
3. For fresh breath, mix water to baking soda and then gargle with it.
4. Apply a small amount of baking soda on a used nail brush and use it for scrubbing your nails to clean away nail fungus and grime.
5. Apply a mixture of water and baking soda-water mixture to herpes and canker sores to rapidly dry them out.
6. Baking soda can be used to soothe itching from oak, poison ivy, insect bites, bee stings, etc.
7. Use a baking soda scrub on your face to clean out dead skin cells and excess facial oil. Mix one teaspoonful water with one tablespoon baking soda. Use it to scrub your face gently.
8. You can use baking soda to clean your teeth. Sprinkle a few amounts of baking soda on your toothbrush and brush your teeth with it. Your teeth will be cleaned and your breath will smell fresh.
Other Baking Soda Home Remedies
Mark Sircus. M.D., wrote a book entitled, Sodium Bicarbonate, and in this book, he discusses the findings of Dr. Simoncini, findings that are associated with the overgrowth of cancer. He talks about alternative therapies utilizing baking soda as the active ingredient. Dr. Sircus says that if a person wants protect himself from cancer and diabetes and wants to prevent systematic fungal infections, he should use a mixture of molasses and baking soda.
1. To kill candida fungi and stop itching, douche with a mixture of warm water and baking soda.
2. To relieve thrombosis, you can also use apple cider or lemon juice and mix it with baking soda.
3. You can treat urinary tract infection by drinking a mixture of one half teaspoonful baking soda with 8 oz. water, twice a day.
4. To remove oral thrush, gargle with a mixture of water and baking soda.
Children under five years old as well as pregnant or nursing women should not use baking soda remedies. Even if it’s safe to use, one should be very careful when using baking soda. Always use this product as directed. Some adverse side effects can occur when you take baking soda along with prescription drugs. Before you begin using any of the baking soda home remedies, you need to consult with your doctor first. One other relevant thing to remember is that baking soda after it’s been dissolved in liquid can still be used, but once it’s used in dry form, you cannot use it again. If you are on a low sodium diet you should not use baking soda home remedies since it may deprive your body of essential minerals and vitamins. Also, baking soda remedies should not be used for more than 14 days unless your doctor says otherwise.
DeJongh Acupuncture Clinic
2929 SW 3rd Ave #610
Miami, FL 33129