One of the most common problems that strike 90% of individuals at least once in their lifetime is hemorrhoids. This condition, also known as piles, is caused by the development of swollen pads of tissue in and around the anus.
Bleeding or enlarged hemorrhoids, though not a serious disease may cause swelling, irritation, and a lot of pain.
The good news is that there are a lot of medicines and remedies that can help treat hemorrhoids.
One can effectively relieve the symptoms of hemorrhoids with lifestyle changes and by the proper use of medications.
To address this condition, the Chinese have made use of several remedies. These include traditional medicines and herbs that can help ameliorate the irritation, itch, swelling, and pain.
Musk Hemorrhoids Ointment, Hemorrease, and Formula Hare are just a few of the Chinese medicines for hemorrhoids.
Are these medications effective?
According to Chinese medicine, here are five common patterns of disharmony associated with hemorrhoids. These are blood stasis, spleen deficiency, damp-heat, dry intestine, and intestinal wind.
1. Blood Stasis – Severe or continuous pain can be the result of this chronic type of hemorrhoids. The fissures can be quite dark and large. Symptoms include itching, irritation, pain, and bleeding.
Chinese Herbal Formulas – To relieve dryness and inflammation, a topical ointment known as Jing Wan Hong works like a charm. To facilitate bowel movement, Tao He Cheng Chi Tang can be prescribed. Other useful herbs include Sheng Tian Tsi Pian, Tong Jing Wan, Hsue Fu Zhu Yu Tang, and Huo Hsue San Yu Tang.
2. Spleen deficiency- The hemorrhoids are protruding and quite painful in this condition. Bleeding can be either heavy or scanty.
Chinese Herbal Formulas – To control bleeding, Huang Tu Tang can help. Other useful herbs are Bu Zhong Yi Chi Tang (Wan), Gui Pi Tang (Wan), and Fu Tsi Li Zhong Wan.
3. Damp/Heat – Inflamed internal hemorrhoids is affiliated with this condition. Before or after defecation, the patient can experience fresh blood seeping out of his/her anus. The swollen and enlarged hemorrhoids can lead to pain, burning, irritation, and itching.
Chinese Herbal Formulas – Take nine grams of grounded Wai Hua San mixed with one cup of hot water. If bleeding is profuse, add Di Yu. Working like a topical ointment Jing Wan Hong can help alleviate the burning, irritation, and itching in and around the anus. Other potent herbs include Shong Guo Shi Gen Duan and Wang Lian Jie Du Wan.
4. Dry Intestine – Dry stools along with chronic constipation may be the outcome of this condition. Passing bowels can be strenuous and may result in tissue swelling. Bleeding can happen before or after defecation.
Chinese Herbal Formulas – Herbs to facilitate easy bowel movements and treat constipation may be used. To form six grams of pill balls, can grind Chin Jiao Bai Zhu Wan and take once or thrice each day. You can buy a prepared form of Ma Zi Ren Wan in the market. Run Chang Wan and Zeng Ye Cheng Chi Tang can help relieve pain by moistening the bowels.
To alleviate inflammation and itching, Jing Huan Hong can be used like a topical ointment. Wai Hua San, Liang Hsue Di Wang Tang, Gu Ben Wan, and Ba Zhen Tang are other helpful remedies you can use for Dry Intestine symptoms.
5. Intestinal Wind- Fresh blood can seep out prior to or after passing of bowels in this condition. Blood on the stool or on the toilet paper may be noticed.
Chinese Herbal Formulas – To relieve the irritation and pain caused by this disharmony and to control bleeding herbs such as Yun Nan Bai Yao, Zhong Guo Zhi Gen Duan, and Huai Jiao Wan may be used.
One other quite commonly used Chinese medicine treatment for hemorrhoids is acupuncture in Overland Park.